Kale, Sausage and Mushroom Lasagna
1 hour 30 min
- 3 lb sweet Italian sausages, casing removed
- 4 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 8 cups shredded kale
- 3 jars (24 oz each) tomato passata
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 24 lasagna noodles (about 1 1/2 lb), cooked and drained
- 8 cups shredded Burnett Dairy Provolone Cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Crumble sausage meat into large saucepan set over medium-high heat; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Add onions and garlic; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms and kale; cook for 10 minutes or until moisture has evaporated and kale is wilted.
Add passata, tomato paste, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes; bring to simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened; stir in basil.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread 4 cups (1 L) sauce onto bottom of shallow, full-size hotel pan. Top with 8 lasagna noodles in single layer. Top with 4 cups (1 L) sauce and 2 cups (8 oz) Provolone cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times. Sprinkle top with remaining Provolone and Parmesan cheese; cover with foil.
Bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is browned and lasagna is bubbling. Let stand for 15 minutes; slice into squares.