Spiralized Mediterranean Salad
- 2 green zucchini (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 2 yellow zucchini (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 pkg (8 oz) String Whips
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
- Herb Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
Herb Vinaigrette: Whisk together oil, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in parsley and basil.
Using a spiralizer, turn zucchini into long strands, trimming with clean kitchen shears, if needed. Toss zucchini, cherry tomatoes and cheese with vinaigrette. Arrange on serving platter; garnish with walnuts and basil.
Tip: A spiralizer is also known as a spiral slicer or vegetable turning slicer. They are available at most kitchenware stores or can be ordered online.