Crispy Smashed Cauliflower
Loaded with fresh chives and creamy cheese, this crowd-pleasing vegetarian appetizer will be a hit at any brunch or get-together.
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Wood River Creamery Mango Habanero Cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, add cauliflower. Blanch for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cauliflower to a large bowl of ice water. Drain.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, parsley, chives, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange cauliflower florets on 2 parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Using a meat mallet or the bottom of a small pot, smash florets to even thickness. Brush evenly with the butter mixture.
- Sprinkle cauliflower with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake, switching and rotating pans halfway through, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cauliflower is crispy around the edges, and cheese is melted and golden.
Tip: The softer the cooked cauliflower the easier it will be to smash. After blanching, pat excess moisture with a paper towel so it browns faster.