Mushroom and Truffle Bruschetta
6 to 8
With meaty mushrooms, this satisfying and versatile bruschetta with Black Truffle Cheese can be served as an appetizer, starter, side dish, or brunch dish.
- 12 slices baguette (1/2-inch-thick slices)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Wood River Creamery Black Truffle Cheese
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange baguette slices on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp of oil and half the garlic. Brush baguette slices with oil mixture.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted. Increase heat to broil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add remaining oil, mushrooms, onion, 2 tbsp parsley, the remaining garlic, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and starting to brown.
- Spoon mushroom mixture evenly over toasted baguette slices. Top evenly with cheese.
- Broil bruschetta for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted. Garnish with remaining parsley.
Tip: If preferred, use a medley of mushrooms, such as cremini, oyster, and shiitake.