Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Bites
6 to 8 (makes 24)
Roasted red peppers, chives, lemon, garlic, and flaky pastry come together in these cheesy bites that bake in just 15 minutes.
- 4 oz Wood River Creamery Herbes de Provence Cheese
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can (8 oz) crescent dough
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut cheese into twenty-four 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the minced shallot, roasted red peppers, garlic, and oil.
- Unroll crescent dough on a lightly floured work surface and press into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut into twenty-four 2-inch squares. Gently press each square into an ungreased mini muffin cup.
- Divide red pepper mixture among crescent dough cups and top each with a cheese cube.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and lemon zest. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip: Substitute roasted red peppers with drained jarred marinated artichokes if desired.